About the studio and me
The last 12 years of my audio work in a nutshell
From 2007 to 2015 I was working as a mastering engineer for Masterlab Masteringstudios in Berlin / Germany.
From 2009 to 2015 I was running my own analog mixing studio in Berlin Neukoelln with a fully functioning and audio smoothing 5116 Neve console. In 2015 I moved to Dresden / Germany and abandoned my lovely place in Neukoelln for a new studio place here.
The Mastering Studio Dresden was acustically messured and treated by www.mbakustik.de and custom built for the purpose of mastering work. Soundwise no compromise was made and no expenses were spared.
Up until now, a lot of murderously loud and beatifully intimate EPs, CDs, downloads, Youtube releases and LPs, as well as documentaries and films came to life between these wood covered walls.
p.s. I love my work. Every project I work on is considered the most important and so it gets all the love and dedication i can give, to bring out the very best the music, the film or even the recording has to offer. Because the making of music, as well as audio mastering and mixing, is a lively and dynamic process time and time again, the client should bring some time and patience himself, if he wants to work with me – the music will say “thanks you” soon enough.
Mastering and mixing will be done until the client and myself are happy with the sound and not on an hourly basis. For me the advantage of this high-maintenance workflow is, that I can use all my projects as references of my work.
If you have any questions please feel free, to contact me via email or just give me a call.
Jörn Brodersen Mastering Engineer
Outboard / Analog Processors
- Avalon Design 2055 Pure Class A Equalizer (mastering mod)
- Roger Schult W2377 MK 1 Entzerrer Set
- Roger Foote Systems P3S ME Class A Stereo Mastering Compressor (custom switchable highpass filter)
- Louder Than Liftoff Silver Bullet
- Analog Design Black Box HG-2
Monitoring / Speakers
- 2 x Lipinski Sound 707 (stereo set)
- 2 x JL Audio Fathom f112 subwoofer
- Bel Canto S300 amplifier (Class D)
- mbakustik GmbH room acoustic treatment
- Sommer Cable Carbocab (mastering chain & monitoring)
- Antelope Eclipse 384 Mastering ADDA converter
- Mytek Digital 8×192 ADDA converter
DAWs & Digital Processing
- Microsoft Windows 10
- Steinberg Wavelab & Cubase
- Digidesign ProTools
- Presonus Studio One
- TC Electronic DB-8/TV Transmission Processor